Accessible information standard:
As an organisation that provides NHS services, GP practices are required by law to ensure that disabled people or people with communication needs have access to information they can understand and the communication support they may need (This has been a requirement since 31st July 2016).
There are five key requirements of the standard:
- Ask patients and carers if they have any information or communication needs, and find out how to meet their needs.
- Record these needs in a set way
- Highlight a patients file, so that it is clear that they have communication needs, and clearly explain how these needs should be met.
- Share information about the person's needs with other National Health Service (NHS) and adult social care providers, when they have consent or permission to do so.
- Make sure that people get information in an accessible way and communication support if they need it.
We have an action plan to ensure we are meeting these requirements.
If you have any questions about this and or would like to provide us with information about you or someone you care for please contact the practice.
We also have a form below that you can fill out and return if you wish.
Patient communication or information requirements form.